They started Flipkart as online book seller, slowly and gradually they enter in to multiple category like smartphone and home appliance to sell insurance on thier platform.
But in 2018, Walmart acquired a majority stake of 77% in Flipkart for aboutt $16 billion. So, Flipkart now own by American multinational retail corporation Walmart.
With a vast customer base and numerous opportunities for sellers, it’s essential to understand the process, fees, and shipping charges associated with selling on Flipkart. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to become a Flipkart seller, discuss the commission and fees, and delve into shipping charges.
How to Register on Flipkart as a Flipkart Seller
Becoming a Flipkart seller is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
Step 1: Visit Flipkart Seller central Registration Page
- Open your web browser and go to the Flipkart Seller Registration page.
- Click on the “Start Selling” to start Flipkart Seller Registration process.
Step 2: Provide Your Business Details
- First you have to create new account with your GST Number, Email Id, Mobile No.
- After create new account, You have to verify mobile number and email id with OTP.
- Nest step you have to create your password for flipkart seller account.
- After that you need to enter GST Number and verify your company detail and add your e-signature.
- Fill in your business details, including your legal business name, store name & pickup address.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as your GST registration certificate, PAN card, and bank account details like bank account number & IFSC Code.
Step 3: Verify Your Details
- Flipkart will review your application and may contact you for further verification.
- Ensure that all the information you provide is accurate to avoid delays in the verification process.
Step 4: Complete the Registration
- Once your details are verified, you will receive a confirmation email, and your Flipkart seller account will be activated.
Flipkart Seller Login
- After complete Flipkart seller registration, now you open Flipkart Seller Login page and enter your username or phone number or email id with your password and press login button.
- Now you can access you Flipkart Seller Panel Dashboard for manage your whole Flipkart Seller Account in one place.
- You can do your product listing, order processing, payment reconciliation, order management, participate in promotion, run advertisement and download GST Report, all this thing you can do with you Flipkart Seller Dashboard Hub
How to Sell on Flipkart – Step by Step Process
Now that you have a Flipkart seller account, let’s explore the steps to list and sell your products:
Step 1: Log in to Your Seller Account
- Visit the Flipkart Seller Central login page and enter your credentials.
Step 2: List Your Products
- Click on “Catalog” and then “Add a Product.”
- Provide product details, including title, description, images, price, and quantity.
Step 3: Set Up Shipping Options
- Determine your shipping method and set shipping charges accordingly.
- You can also opt for Flipkart Fulfilment services for hassle-free shipping.
Step 4: Manage Orders
- Monitor your seller dashboard for incoming orders.
- Process orders promptly and ensure timely delivery.
Step 5: Receive Payments
- Flipkart will deposit your earnings into your registered bank account after deducting fees and commissions.
Flipkart Seller Commission & Fees
As a Flipkart seller, you should be aware of the fees and commissions associated with selling on the platform:
- Commission Fees: Flipkart charges a commission fee on each sale, which varies based on the product category. You can find the commission rates on Flipkart’s official website.
- Fixed Fees: There might be fixed fees per item, depending on the category.
- Shipping Fees: You are responsible for the shipping fees unless you opt for Flipkart Fulfilment, where charges may apply.
- Storage Fees: If you use Flipkart’s warehousing service, there might be storage fees based on the volume of your inventory.
- Payment Collection Fees: Flipkart charges a fee for collecting payments from customers on your behalf.
Flipkart Seller Shipping Charges
Shipping is a crucial aspect of selling on Flipkart. Here’s what you need to know about shipping charges:
- Shipping Charge Calculation: Flipkart calculates shipping charges based on factors like the size, weight, and shipping destination of the product. You can use the Flipkart shipping calculator to estimate these charges.
- Flipkart Fulfilment: If you opt for Flipkart Fulfilment, they will handle shipping for you, and charges will be deducted from your earnings.
- Self-Shipping: If you choose to self-ship, you’ll need to determine shipping charges yourself and include them in the product price.
How to Calculate Flipkart Seller Commission & Fees
You are a Non-FBF seller selling a Juicer Mixer Grinder on Flipkart at ₹2000 (selling price).
Step 1: Calculate Shipping Fees
- Geography: If you are selling the product from Ludhiana to a customer in Bangalore, the national shipping cost will be applicable.
- Weight: The weight of the final packed product to be measured and relevant prices to be applied.
- If the weight of the packed product is 2kgs, the final shipping cost is ₹144
Step 2: Calculate Collection Fees
- If you choose the prepaid mode of payment from your customer, 2% will be applied (since your selling price is above ₹750)
- Final collection fee: 2% of 2000 = ₹40
Step 3: Calculate Commission Fees
- Apply the percentage relevant to the juicer mixer grinder category. Since the seller here is a NonFBF seller, 5% will be applicable.
- 5% x ₹2000 = ₹100
Step 4: Calculate Fixed fees
- Since the selling price of the juicer mixer grinder is above ₹1000 and you are a Non-FBF seller, the fixed fee will be ₹55
Step 5: Total Flipkart fees
- ₹144 + ₹40 + ₹100 + ₹55 = ₹339
Step 6: Calculate gross margin
- Selling price = ₹2000
- Flipkart Fees = ₹339
- Gross Margin = ₹2000 – ₹339 = ₹1661
Becoming a Flipkart seller can open doors to a vast customer base and numerous business opportunities. By following the steps for registration, understanding the commission and fees, and managing shipping charges effectively, you can establish a successful presence on Flipkart. Keep in mind that regularly monitoring your seller dashboard and providing excellent customer service are key to building a thriving online business.
Remember, while the process may seem daunting at first, with dedication and careful management, you can thrive as a Flipkart seller and tap into the thriving e-commerce market in India.
Whether you’re a new seller or looking to optimize your Flipkart selling experience, this guide should serve as a valuable resource on your journey to success.
If you have any further questions or need assistance with your Flipkart seller account, don’t hesitate to reach out to Flipkart’s Seller Support or account manager for support.
So, go ahead and embark on your Flipkart seller journey and start reaping the benefits of e-commerce in India today!